Environment Agency Rod Fishing Licence

Anyone aged 12 years or over who fishes for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels in England and Wales must have an Environment Agency fishing license, which are obtainable from Post Offices, or to avoid a queue, get your license on the internet at Environment Agency

Concessionary licenses are available if:

  • You are aged between 12 and 16
  • You are aged 65 or over
  • You receive long term incapacity benefit
  • You receive short term incapacity benefit
  • You receive severe disablement allowance
  • You receive a war pension which includes employability supplement

Failure to have a valid license could lead to a maximum fine of £2,500.

Any queries ring the Environment Agency on 08701 662 662